7.3.05

in which cheesy qualities emerge from the mist.

recently a friend heeded my plea for music, expanding the computer's disgustingly greedy music folder to 11.03 gigabytes and 2,026 songs. by some standards this would qualify as amateurish and sparse. to me, this qualifies as The Reason I Can No Longer Store Unlimited Amounts Of Superfluous Photographs. but even more satisfying than the absence of npr from my life is thinking about how these songs operate in the friend's life. does she blast them while she's cooking herself dinner? are they pulsing in the background when she's working at her studio, or reading before bed? because the music is from her i can't stop associating it with her, with how it shapes her life even though i am privy to almost zero of her daily details. it's just nice, imagining her with these songs. especially given that my mind's eye does not allot for the mundane, which means nothing about what i've concocted in any way approaches reality. and isn't that always better? yes. yes it is.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Only within the confines of my own personal mind-theatre are my friends soundtracked by Franz Ferdinand as they fight off hordes of sword-wielding ninjas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home